Tuesday, April 26, 2005

First real post??

I've been toying with the idea of getting a blog for some time now...and i always have the same arguments for NOT starting one...like not having the time to update the blog, and not wanting the whole world to know like *ahem* intimate details about me :P (of coz, not that i think they'd care to know, but the thought of it is just a bit unsettling)...and then there's this other part of me who thinks it'll be nice to have some place where i can kinda pen my thoughts down...coz occasionally i find myself wanting to leave a long comment on someone else's blog...and i thot...why not get my own?? And so i ding dong-ed back and forth, and finally...finally...i gave in :)

There are a few people who inspired me to start my own blog (you know who you are!) and I hope this blog will be kept alive for a long time...if time permits...hehe....

Been pondering about my life for the past 2-3 days....triggered by a conversation over msn with a friend, that led me to think about whether i've been living life for all it's worth, or if i've been too comfortable where i am, that i'm afraid to try new things...he said i shud go find something that interests me, and go try something different....(told chris about this) and i said i was lazy! haha....but actually, these have been recurring thoughts - like when people ask me, "What are your talents?" I usually have to think VERY VERY HARD! Apart from the fact that I'm good with languages, I can't think of anything else! So sad rite?

Let's see....I USED TO (operative word here) play the piano, but din go all the way to Grade 8, and tried playing for the church back home for a bit but found that playing in front of so many people really isn't for me, and for some reason, have not had the urge to play the piano for years...

I took up ballet for like maybe a year when i was 12 (i know, rather 'old' dy) but i just wanted to try lar...went for swimming lessons, joined the St John Ambulance - all at the same time (and used to be on the same day too, like i shared with Ev)

All the way in Sec School, i was rather active but when it came to uni days....and now, i think i've lost so much of my interests in different things dy...and find myself coming up short when it comes to being good or skilled in anything.....sigh....

I envy people who can play instruments or sing well, can paint, draw, can do creative artistic stuff, can cook, play all kinds of sports....i'm none of the above! Aiseh....ok ok, dun wanna have a pity party here...

I think u all get what i mean....so any ideas on how i can spice up my life? Get the motivation to live more dangerously? Hehehe....

OH dear...this is turning out to be a looooonnnngggggg post....u guys fallin' asleep yet?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can identify with what you feel about talents. if people ask me what i'm good at, i'll be like...hmmm...for a very long time. i too wonder what i'm good at (other than eating, which sadly doesnt count as a talent/gift). i'm still wondering actually.

3:12 PM  
Blogger emmyjemmy said...

hi ev :) i think one of ur 'talents' are baking n cooking...hehee...u do enjoy doing that rite? btw, ur spaghetti was good..hehe...even tho it didn't turn out the way u wanted it...i can't cook to save my life! :P except for stuff like maggi mee..

3:27 PM  
Blogger Christine Law said...

Can understnad how you feel, i was "lost" at one point of my life not too long ago...but the biggest fear i am having now is will i ever survive in the corporate world? I really doubt that...i always admire my sis how she can do so well in the corporate in such a short time.
Heheh, want to have cooking lesson emmy? I do enjoy cooking - chinese style lah..:P Oh tlak about cooking, i still owe evie and kev a dinner :P will fix a date soon with u guys..heheh

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home