Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Thinking about home...

I've been trying to figure out a time to go home (to Meow city - Kuching) this year, but so far, I've come up blank. You see, normally I'd make it a point to go home at least twice a year - during CNY and once more sometime in the middle of the year so that I can spend some time with family and catch up with friends (so they won't forget me!) but this time round, if I'm accepted for Masters then I most probably can't go back since classes will start in July and I won't have any long breaks til the end of the year....

Friends have been asking me when I'm planning to go back...and all I can say is...I DUNNO...Heheheh....Perhaps I can't go back til next year...sob sob...I especially miss my lil bro who always asks me "When you want to come back???" whenever I call home...and of course, I miss everyone else in my family and friends too.....plus the great Kuching food!

On the bright side, I'm finally going to Bangkok this year for missions - been wanting to go ever since the first trip they had some time in 2003/04 and am so elated to be going at last! It'll be for a week, from 18-25 June 05. For one, I'll get to put a stamp on my unstamped passport (made it coz I wanted to travel but have not had the chance til now) and of coz, I will get to experience a lil of what it's like to be in another land, sharing the Gospel of Christ with them. I'm a bit nervous thinking about the street evangelism that we'd be involved in, but am looking forward to the trip as a whole. So, I've fulfilled my 'quota' of at least ONE out-of-the-country travel for this year! :)

One of these days I MUST make a trip down to Singapore....not that there's a particular reason to be there, it's just that it's so near, and I've not been there for nearly 10 YEARS (!) - it's like what...only 5 hours away by road...so there's no reason why I can't go...except for $$$ lar....one of the things holding me back from going is that EVERYTHING in S'pore is sooooooooo EXPENSIVE....sigh....

And if you ask me where I'd most like to go (outside of Asean), I'd say Brisbane coz that's where my fav uncle is, and I've been meaning to visit him when I have saved up enough...am hoping that day will come sooner than I think it will...somehow, I know lots of friends who end up going to Australia, so it'd be great to meet them too if I actually end up going....

Hmm....fingers freezin' now...brrr....so I think I'll stop for now...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi dear,
Know and truly understand how you feel. Living somewhere away from home is not an experience everyone can get. Don't deny tat u'll eventually feel tat u miss home now and then, but then gal, we all are bound to miss someone(s) in life, be it we are living wid family n misses your frens, or living outside n misses your family.

I'd say a trip to Bangkok would be great. I remembered when I first got my passport (n having to pay RM300 for it was a real stab in the heart *_*" ), I'd promised myself the same thing... I'd ventured to as many places as possible... trying to fill up my passport wid stamps from diff countries. But I just merely had about 6 stamps (2 stamps for each visit to a country)... I'd been telling myself I shud haf go on wid watever traveling plan tat had came my way then. Haha!!!

Mi dear... for goodness sake, of cuz we will owest rem u even if u r not here in Kuching. We can owest keep in touch wid all our frens, thru ICQ, MSN, Yahoo!, emails, fon calls... (Do you happen to see this advertisement in the tv by TMNET which goes "It's the broadband age, It's not the stoneage!")... we can owest get updates about how everyone is getting on. N even if u r busy and if we don get to hear from u, we WILL NEVER, NEVER forget u lar. Duh!!!!
Go ahead to Bangkok.. u got to treat urself nice sometimes, once in awhile. N u'll get so much experience... It's really worth it. *HUGS*

I believe lots of ppl will think tat they will eventually travel when they'd earn enuf or had saved enuf money. But tat can't be the case for me, cox I'll never earn enuf and I'll never be able to save enuf to go for a trip. The money is bound to be spent on sth else before the time come. So for me, if I can get a little extra money now, I'd use it for a trip if i think i needed one. Even if it's to somewhere near like Spore or Thai... i'll think it's worthy cox I know I'll never be able to save successfully to go to somewhere far like Aus. Hehe... (sounded so terrible hor!!!) Guess u'll wonder where all my money goes too... I wonder too!!!

Looking at the EA Form even surprised me so much, I was actually gasping at the form, wondering if I had really earned so much in the previous year but my savings account never seems to haf much money in it! I even took out my calculator to count if they had gotten the amount correctly. SIGH!!!

2:41 PM  
Blogger emmyjemmy said...

Hi anonymous :)
I think I know who u are, since there aren't many ppl who know my blog yet.

I'm definitely going to make the most of my Bangkok trip...hopefully there will be many more trips overseas to come! Perhaps we can even plan one together?

I'm really blessed to have friends like you, and am touched you took the trouble to write all that...made my day!

PS: Ur comment is so long it's like an email...hehehe....BUT i'm not complaining....it's really GREAT to hear all that from you...thanks! *hugz*

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home