Friday, May 20, 2005

Camp camp camp!

I'm sooooooooooo happy camp is FINALLY coming! Today! Well...we're leaving for Seremban only tomoro morning, but we're having one session in church tonite...so yeah, am really looking forward to this weekend. Hopefully, this will be an even better camp than last year's.

We're going to the same place again this year - Allson Klana and I don't mind, since it's a nice place. We had quite a bit of *ahem* excitement last year, I'm sure we won't forget what happened there. If you're wondering, its coz there was a guy who actually fell from the 3rd to the 1st floor while jumping - he was trying to get away from the police. Neways, many of us actually witnessed the whole incident and he was actually staying only 2 doors away from mine! Yikes! He punctured his lungs (his ribs broke) and broke his arm / leg (can't remember now) and hit his head too, but thankfully, he was still alive. That really created quite a lot of stir as you can probably imagine.

This year, I highly doubt there will be another such incident (what are the chances of that happpening?) and that would be a good thing too, since I'm not exactly happy to see someone almost lose their life in front of my eyes. Oh, this year we're having something different - Retro Nite and we'll be having dinner at the poolside with everyone dressed up like we're back in the 60's / 70's era. That should be fun :) Hopefully, I'll have some pics to post up here when we get back.

I remember last year's camp for another reason too. I had a really really great time in His presence. The theme last year had to do with God's love, and I cried buckets just basking in His love. It blows my mind that a God All-Powerful and the Creator of the Universe cares so much about me - and every person that He created, and just realizing and knowing that love really changed me. One thing I remembered was that He took away the feelings of rejection that I didn't even know I had until then, and I just felt so so loved. I know that no matter what man do, it doesn't matter because I know He loves me. I can't describe it exactly, but it really did wonders to my heart, and it was really really a powerful time.

This year, our theme is "Having Fun in His presence" and I'm just keeping my heart open to whatever He would do this year. Will update y'all when I get back.

Enjoy your loooong weekend, people!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...i'm not so sure about the retro nite though, and u know y ;)

and it's not a long weekend for me, at least not officially cuz my workplace doesnt recognise wesak as a public holiday so i had to take leave instead. sigh...there goes 1 day of leave :(

10:13 AM  
Blogger emmyjemmy said...

wesak day is not a public holiday for you? gosh, that's a CRIME!! :P Well, hopefully it'll be worth it!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea...there are 3 holidays which we don't declare as holidays: thaipusam, wesak and nuzul quran. sigh...

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home