Church Camp 05
We just got back from an awesome time in Allson Klana. I had a blast at camp and enjoyed myself for the most part of the camp.
Diana and I started off on Sat morning at 6 am and followed others to Seremban and had a leisurely drive there, as well as breakfast - we got there plenty early and had time to kill before the first session started. I can't remember offhand what the first session is about (haha...oopss!) - then went for lunch @ Seremban Parade and did a bit of shopping there before heading back to the room for a snooze. I overslept and woke up with a start at 7 pm and quickly rushed off to shower and dinner before the night session. Thank god i made it without being TOO late.
Next morning, Sunday worship was just really really awesome. We didn't have any instruments and we din have music. Josh really took a risk just keeping silent before God, but that morning turned out to be one of the best times of worship I've ever had in my memory - we didn't have one worship leader, but different ones in the congregation just led with a song when they felt that God was leading them to sing it. It was beautiful, and truly an experience I will not forget for a long, long time. This is what we mean when we say 'priesthood of believers' and we saw how it was applied in our church and then ending that time with just loving one another. Even Raj was speechless and he couldn't stop saying "WOW" for like so many times. Heheh! God really showed up when we waited for Him with just a simple desire to be in His presence without anything to 'help' usher us in.
The rest of the day was fun as well, with a sumptious lunch of famous Seremban Hakka Mee and our dance practice as well as games. The baptism was also really special, and I was so glad to be able to witness the baptism of our sisters and brothers - seeing how God has worked in their lives. It's an encouragement to me.
The highlight of the camp was our Retro Nite - and almost everyone turned up in something retro and we just had a great time dancing to the groovy music. We just had lots of fun laughing at each other's antics and cheering one another on, admiring each other's outfits and posing. Kekekeke. There were a few surprises and unexpected 'stars' of the night. Overall, it was a very fun night.
Yesterday, camp concluded with the last session on 'Having an Unoffendable Heart' and its really something to take seriously, and I know I need to take this to heart, to not let offense take root in my heart no matter what others do to me. Mal was very gentle with us, and even tho the message was not easy to deliver, he tried to do it as gently as he could, and I really appreciate his sensitivity and love towards us.
Had a smooth drive back, got home, showered and just crashed in bed. Hehhee....
There are some parts which I missed out here but this is basically the summary of our camp this year...
AWESOME!
Diana and I started off on Sat morning at 6 am and followed others to Seremban and had a leisurely drive there, as well as breakfast - we got there plenty early and had time to kill before the first session started. I can't remember offhand what the first session is about (haha...oopss!) - then went for lunch @ Seremban Parade and did a bit of shopping there before heading back to the room for a snooze. I overslept and woke up with a start at 7 pm and quickly rushed off to shower and dinner before the night session. Thank god i made it without being TOO late.
Next morning, Sunday worship was just really really awesome. We didn't have any instruments and we din have music. Josh really took a risk just keeping silent before God, but that morning turned out to be one of the best times of worship I've ever had in my memory - we didn't have one worship leader, but different ones in the congregation just led with a song when they felt that God was leading them to sing it. It was beautiful, and truly an experience I will not forget for a long, long time. This is what we mean when we say 'priesthood of believers' and we saw how it was applied in our church and then ending that time with just loving one another. Even Raj was speechless and he couldn't stop saying "WOW" for like so many times. Heheh! God really showed up when we waited for Him with just a simple desire to be in His presence without anything to 'help' usher us in.
The rest of the day was fun as well, with a sumptious lunch of famous Seremban Hakka Mee and our dance practice as well as games. The baptism was also really special, and I was so glad to be able to witness the baptism of our sisters and brothers - seeing how God has worked in their lives. It's an encouragement to me.
The highlight of the camp was our Retro Nite - and almost everyone turned up in something retro and we just had a great time dancing to the groovy music. We just had lots of fun laughing at each other's antics and cheering one another on, admiring each other's outfits and posing. Kekekeke. There were a few surprises and unexpected 'stars' of the night. Overall, it was a very fun night.
Yesterday, camp concluded with the last session on 'Having an Unoffendable Heart' and its really something to take seriously, and I know I need to take this to heart, to not let offense take root in my heart no matter what others do to me. Mal was very gentle with us, and even tho the message was not easy to deliver, he tried to do it as gently as he could, and I really appreciate his sensitivity and love towards us.
Had a smooth drive back, got home, showered and just crashed in bed. Hehhee....
There are some parts which I missed out here but this is basically the summary of our camp this year...
AWESOME!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home