Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Here's to Boy...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOY!! (My brother, Eric, turns 16 today)

Just wanted to wish him, even tho he doesn't know my blog exists...hehehe...
Thinking of him reminds me of the fact that I sometimes feel sad that I'm not around at home to help guide him and just be a big sister to him, showering him with some TLC and letting him know that someone does love him.

He's quite the loner type, just like my Dad and even if he was at home the whole day, it's possible not to even notice him - he's very UN-attention grabbing, he can be holed up in his room and playing computer games the whole time.

I have a tender spot for him coz I feel he's missed out a lot on Mum's love since she passed away when he was not even 3. He did not understand it, and no one expected him to coz he's just a baby. But he surprised our family not long after that, when he was playing with his building blocks and he told us that he was building something for Mummy and that she's in heaven (something like that) - anyway, I have a feeling he somehow could comprehend what had happened and he did not pine for her after that.

He grew up with us 3 big sisters and Dad, until Dad got remarried when he was about 9. I was glad for him coz he'd have a mum to look after him and just do things that mummies do, and to some extent this is true of my stepMum (we call her Mum too). But it is never the same nevertheless, and sometimes I wish Mum was still around to be here for him.

He's not a really rebellious kid, but he does have his share of "problems" too, which at times makes me really exasperated with him but at the same time I feel for him. I dunno, I feel like he's mostly left to himself and maybe he's getting the impression that no one really cares about him.

I have a little brother at home, Ezra, who's 5 - and my Mum has her hands full taking care of him, working, and looking after the needs of the family in general. Dad also is working, and his approach to parenting is very laid-back and he believes in letting us kids do our own things and learning from our mistakes, so he doesn't control us very much. This has it's pros and cons - sometimes I wish Dad would take more initiative to talk to us and tell us what we should do etc. Anyway, I just feel Eric's neglected sometimes, and I'm not helping very much although I try to.

I pray that he will somehow know that Father God loves him, and that some others do too, even though he may not feel it. I want him to grow in his relationship with Him, because I know He is more than able to meet all his needs, even those that he keeps only to himself.

I pray that you will find love and security from knowing who you are in Christ, Boy. He is more than able to meet ALL your needs. He loves you and I love you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello mie! I am pretty sure that one day your brother will come to know intimately of our Lord God in heaven who loves him so much. Keep on loving him and continue to call back home often to talk to him. Continue to pray that our Lord will protect him and bless him always.
love, vin.

9:43 AM  
Blogger emmyjemmy said...

thanks vin :)

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home