International Day
We just had our International Day for my department today - it's an event where we showcase the different things from various countries. The event was a success and I was surprised at some of my students who really went all out to dress up and contribute to the event. Some of them are not really participative in class but they were so enthusiastic when it came to this event.
The teachers all dressed up too - and I wore my pink kebaya, some others wore sarees, punjabi suits, even a yukata (summer kimono). Too bad I can't upload pictures coz I'm blogging from work and I can't download stuff onto my pc without permission from the ISD. Grrrr.
We had games - I conducted a tongue twister game with tongue twisters from different countries and we got the students who spoke the language to demonstrate and others to try it out. Some of the students prepared dishes from their own countries, to let others sample it.
There were so many more things that we did but I just don't have the energy to write everything - I'm aching all over and I feel really tired even though I didn't have to do like any hard labor...hehehe....I really must be getting very old :P
I wish tomorrow is not a working day - and that I don't have to work on Sat - but I do....sigh...I need to recuperate from all the excitement! Haha...
The teachers all dressed up too - and I wore my pink kebaya, some others wore sarees, punjabi suits, even a yukata (summer kimono). Too bad I can't upload pictures coz I'm blogging from work and I can't download stuff onto my pc without permission from the ISD. Grrrr.
We had games - I conducted a tongue twister game with tongue twisters from different countries and we got the students who spoke the language to demonstrate and others to try it out. Some of the students prepared dishes from their own countries, to let others sample it.
There were so many more things that we did but I just don't have the energy to write everything - I'm aching all over and I feel really tired even though I didn't have to do like any hard labor...hehehe....I really must be getting very old :P
I wish tomorrow is not a working day - and that I don't have to work on Sat - but I do....sigh...I need to recuperate from all the excitement! Haha...
2 Comments:
sounds really interesting :)
btw, have a great trip in bangkok! catch u when u're back. make sure u blog abt it too :D
yea..sound interesting and wished you could have post some pics :)
Post a Comment
<< Home