No more phone calls!!
P/S: This was supposed to be posted yesterday but I didn't have time (about 10 people showed up for class yesterday - we had 2 ladies who are already grandmothers, and a 15-yr-old girl, and all those in between - interesting group :) and I think more will turn up as maybe next week or after that)
I'm getting soooooooo tired of answering phone calls!!! (I shud say I was so tired - thank god the calls are less now) U must be wondering why - actually it's because of the Free English Class I'm teaching at Crossroads (the community center belonging to my church). I've been teaching it since the end of '03 and we ran classes for almost the whole of last year. We took a long break this year and today is going to be the start of the new term.
Anyway, we wrote in to The Star about our class and they published a small advert for us on Wednesday in the English column and I've been getting like a gazillion calls about it - and basically having to explain the same thing over and over again. Not that it's not a good thing - but it can really wear you out!
There was another tel no they could call but my friend's phone 'kaput-ed' so they cudn't get him, which explains why everyone is calling me! I didn't know the advert came out until I started getting calls and I've missed quite a lot of them too coz I had to be in class and I was busy with work.
I actually had to explain to some of them that teaching the Free English Class is NOT my full-time job, and I actually have other work to do. Heheh!
I'm glad the advert came out tho, coz we were getting worried that no one will show up for the class but I guess now I have to worry about fitting everyone in! Of course, I don't expect everyone who comes to stay, but we're hoping to have a core group of students who will be committed to come every week.
Most of them don't understand why we're doing this for free, and I tell them it's just part of our community work. They are naturally wondering why we're not charging any fees and if we have something up our sleeves :P But they are pleasantly surprised to find out that it really is FOC!
What I'm looking forward to is building relationships with those who do stay on with us, and to have a chance to share Christ with them. That is actually why we're doing this, and we've had 4 salvation cases since we started this class, with many more having heard the gospel of Christ. It is much more than I can ask for - the satisfaction of knowing that our labor is not in vain and seeing those people who have become our friends come to know Jesus is immense.
Here's a toast to the new class and praying that we will see more come into His kingdom!
I'm getting soooooooo tired of answering phone calls!!! (I shud say I was so tired - thank god the calls are less now) U must be wondering why - actually it's because of the Free English Class I'm teaching at Crossroads (the community center belonging to my church). I've been teaching it since the end of '03 and we ran classes for almost the whole of last year. We took a long break this year and today is going to be the start of the new term.
Anyway, we wrote in to The Star about our class and they published a small advert for us on Wednesday in the English column and I've been getting like a gazillion calls about it - and basically having to explain the same thing over and over again. Not that it's not a good thing - but it can really wear you out!
There was another tel no they could call but my friend's phone 'kaput-ed' so they cudn't get him, which explains why everyone is calling me! I didn't know the advert came out until I started getting calls and I've missed quite a lot of them too coz I had to be in class and I was busy with work.
I actually had to explain to some of them that teaching the Free English Class is NOT my full-time job, and I actually have other work to do. Heheh!
I'm glad the advert came out tho, coz we were getting worried that no one will show up for the class but I guess now I have to worry about fitting everyone in! Of course, I don't expect everyone who comes to stay, but we're hoping to have a core group of students who will be committed to come every week.
Most of them don't understand why we're doing this for free, and I tell them it's just part of our community work. They are naturally wondering why we're not charging any fees and if we have something up our sleeves :P But they are pleasantly surprised to find out that it really is FOC!
What I'm looking forward to is building relationships with those who do stay on with us, and to have a chance to share Christ with them. That is actually why we're doing this, and we've had 4 salvation cases since we started this class, with many more having heard the gospel of Christ. It is much more than I can ask for - the satisfaction of knowing that our labor is not in vain and seeing those people who have become our friends come to know Jesus is immense.
Here's a toast to the new class and praying that we will see more come into His kingdom!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home