Monday, June 13, 2005

Indian Fair @ Mid Valley

I went to the Indian fair with Paulina, Julia n Meera yesterday - Paulina had gone there on Sat and she wanted to go back there again so we gals followed her there. The traffic was really bad, as you can expect on a Sunday afternoon - especially with it being the last day of school holidays and also for the fair. It took us an hour to actually get into the parking lot and finding our space! We met a guy after circling for about 20 mins and he was actually looking for his car, so he hopped into the car - the bargain was, if we drive him to the car, he'd give us his parking space. Hehehe. He turned out to be a really friendly guy - he told us he also went to the fair and got stuff for his daughter and wife.

Neways, we went straight to the fair and there were like lots and lots of people there. The place was really crowded. They had sarees, punjabi suits, kurtas, lots of accessories e.g. bangles and choker sets, furniture, even food. I got myself a pink 'kurta' top with Indian bangles to match. They are absolutely lovely! And bought one for Mum too, for her belated birthday present. I also got a free fake tattoo on my arm - I was just standing in front of the stall looking at the goods and the lady suddenly put it on me but it turned out quite nice. Then I went to the henna painting booth and got myself a henna tattoo done also on my palm.

I even had Indian food in Bangsar with Paulina and I told her that it really was a day with all things Indian! And all I needed was an Indian man :P Kekekekeke....

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine Law said...

Hahah...looks like it was an indian day for you :P Ur experience with the parking space remind me of my own experience which took place in mid-valley too!

I was circling for a space for almost 40mins, when I was about to give up, I saw a Mat salleh and he was kind enough to tell me where he parked his car and said that he would wait for me there so that I can take over his space as he drive off! Thank God for kind ppl like this! :)

Yeah..the fair was superb! I went with my aunty and mum on the very first day they opened...I was surprise my mum n aunty bought so many pair of earings!! :P Wondering to myself since when they fancy about indian stuff!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home